- Fold the right leg and bring the right heel under the right buttock
- Sitting on the right heel, fold the left leg and bring the left heel under the left buttock
- Sit erect comfortably with the buttocks resting on both the heels and palms resting on the thighs.
- In the final posture the soles of the feet face upwards, heels are kept together and the entire weight of the body is felt on the back of the feet.
- One of the meditative postures.
- Keeps the spine erect and prevents drowsiness.
- Stimulates Vajra Naadi at the ankles which increases the awareness.
- Helpful for cases of Varicose veins.
- Prevents deep vein thrombosis.
- Makes the ankles flexible and prevents flat foot.
- The only posture which can be performed even after heavy food.
- Useful for heel pain.
People suffering from stiff ankle due to Rheumatic problems may avoid this posture.