- Come to Vajraasana.
- Lean forward and place the hands flat on the floor in line with the shoulders with fingers pointing forward. Arms, thighs and heels should be about one shoulder width apart. The arms and thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- While inhaling raise the head and look at the ceiling.
- At the same time, depress the spine making it concave.
- While exhaling, arch the spine upwards and bend the head downward bringing the chin towards the chest.
- This constitutes one round of tiger breathing.
- Repeat 5 rounds.
- Before starting the practice ensure that you are comfortable while standing on “all-fours” (i.e., two hands and two knees).
- Co-ordinate the movements with breathing.
- Keep the eyes closed and practice with awareness.
- Do not bend the arms or move the thighs forward and backward.