- Adopt Nasika Mudra with your right hand.
- Close the left nostril with the little and ring fingers of Nasika Mudra.
- Inhale and exhale slowly through the right nostril (Surya Naadi) only.
- Keep the left nostril closed all the time during the practice.
- One cycle of inhalation and exhalation forms one round.
- Practice nine rounds.
- Time taken for exhalation should be longer than inhalation.
- Depression patients may practice these Pranayama 27 rounds before breakfast, lunch, dinner and before sleep (4 times a day).