- Fold the right leg at the knees and then the left leg and sit on the heels in Vajrasana resting the palms on thighs.
- Take the hands behind the back, make a fist of the right palm and hold the right wrist with the left palm.
- Relax the shoulders.
- Inhale, lean backwards a little from the waist opening up the chest.
- Exhale, slowly bend forwards from the waist bringing the forehead on to the ground in front of the knees. Collapse the shoulders.
- Maintain this position for about one minute with normal breathing.
- Inhale, slowly come up to the vertical position.
- Release your hands and come back to Sthiti.
- Relax in Sithila Dandaasana.
- Enhances blood flow to the head,
- Stimulates the brain,
- Gives flexibility to the Spine, Ankles and Knees.
- A good posture for breathing ailments.
Patients with gastritis and peptic ulcer may avoid this posture.