Sthiti: Supine Posture
- Inhale, raise the legs together slowly and gracefully (without bending the knees) till it forms about 45 degrees to the ground.
- Continue to inhale and raise the legs further to 90 degrees position. Bring the arms down and place them next to the buttocks.
- Exhale, raise the buttocks and the trunk, taking support of the arms and elbows, without lifting the head. Rest the elbows on the ground firmly and support the back with both palms.
- While retaining the legs parallel to the ground, straighten the trunk by pushing it with the hands until the chin is well-set in the suprasternal hollow.
- Inhale and raise the legs vertically keeping the body erect and come to the final shoulder stand position.
- Maintain effortlessly with normal breathing for about 2-3 minutes. Carefully avoid all jerks.
- Slowly come back to Sthiti and relax in Savasana.
- Stimulates and keeps the thyroid healthy.
- Influences the pelvic organs.
- Useful in varicose veins, piles, hernia and menstrual disorders.
People with Cervical Spondylosis, low back pain and hypertension should not do the posture.