- Inhale, raise both the arms sideways at shoulder level parallel to the ground
- Turn the palms facing upwards
- Continue to inhale and raise the arms further up vertically biceps touching the ears and stretch the trunk from the coccyx region. Now turn the palms forward.
- Exhale, bend the trunk forward from the lower back. Stretch the arms hands parallel to the ground.
- Exhale completely, form hooks of index fingers and catch hold of the big toes. Bend the back further forward from the lumbar sacral region so that the trunk is stretched along the thighs and the face rests on the knee. Bend the hands at the elbow and relax the abdomen muscles.
- Maintain the position for about a minute with normal breathing.
- Return to Sthithi reversing the steps and the breathing.
- Relax in Sithila Dandaasana.
Note: Do not allow the knees to bend.
- Gives flexibility to the back bone.
- Stimulates the Spinal nerves and back muscles.
- Improves digestion and energizes the whole body.
- Removes constipation.
People with heart ailments, back problems and spondylosis should avoid this posture.