- Move the right leg to about one and half meter away from the left foot.
- Turn the right foot towards right side of the body so that toes are pointing away from the body.
- Exhaling, bend the right knee and bring the trunk to rest on the right thigh, place the right hand on the ground beside the right foot.
- Inhaling, stretch the left arm over thehead, biceps touching the left ear and look at the tips of the fingers of left hand.
- Maintain the posture for a minute with normal breathing.
- Return to sthiti.
- Repeat the same to the left side.
In the final position, there should be a right angle between the thigh and the leg and the other side should not bend. Both the soles should be fully in contact with the ground.
- Expands the thorax,
- Strengthens the thighs,
- Prevents back pain, and
- Stimulates the inters peristalsis
People with Cardiac problems may avoid this posture in the beginning days.