- Stand erect with legs together.
- Inhale slowly and raise the arms sideways
- At this horizontal level, turn the palms upwards.
- Continue to inhale and move the arms upwards until the biceps touch the ears. Turn the palms forward.
- Stretch up the body from the waist.
- Keeping the lower back concave, exhale and bend forward until the trunk is parallel to the ground. Stretch out the shoulders at horizontal plane and inhale.
- Exhale while going down further until the entire palm rests on the ground and chin touches the knees.
- Maintain in this final posture for about 2-3 minutes without bending the knees.
- Inhale, come up slowly to the vertical position and stretch the arms above the head.
- Exhale, drop down the arms, and turn the palms downwards at the horizontal position.
- Continue to exhale and return to Sthiti.
- Relax in Taadaasana.
- Never bend the knees.
- Keep the neck up until the forward bending at the hip and the waist is completed and then drop the neck freely down to touch the chin to knees.
- Makes the Spine flexible,
- Strengthens the thighs.
- Helps in preventing constipation and menstrual problems.
- Improves digestion.
- Enhances blood flow to the head region.