Sthiti: Any Meditative Posture
- Sit in any comfortable meditative posture feeling completely relaxed.
- Close your eyes and start chanting OM mentally. Allow the mind to repeat OM continuously without any break. If there are distractions, chant OM faster, not giving a chance for distractions.
- After a while the chanting slows
- As you slow down the Japa of OM, observe the gap between two Omkaar. As you slow down further, the gap goes on becoming wider and wider to diffuse into silence.
- The experience of inner silence helps to expand from the three dimensional awareness of the body to all pervasive awareness beyond the limits of the body.
- The depth of silence becomes deeper and more expansive. Visualize and feel an ocean of silence with gentle soft waves of OM on it. Now merge into complete silence and reach the stage of Ajapa (no repetition). This silence is the source of Creativity, Power, Knowledge and Bliss. Remain in this state for a while.
- From this deep ocean of silence in the heart region, let on OM emerge as an audible sound which diffuse into the entire body and the space all around. Enjoy the beautiful vibrations.
- Blink the eyes slowly, gently open the eyes and come out of meditation.
Try to touch (this state of deep rest and inner silence several times in the day whenever, you have some free time.