The Nine Insights — A Path to Spiritual Awakening
This best-selling book by James Redfield tells us that we will soon experience a global spiritual awakening. The nine insights explain how this awakening will happen.
The first insight occurs when you begin to notice frequent synchronicities in your life. A synchronicity is a “meaningful coincidence.”
For example, in The Celestine Prophecy, the protagonist begins to consistently meet the right people at the right time. He soon realizes that these are not just accidental encounters. Rather, they are meaningful events.
Every synchronicity that occurs in life contains a message for you. So, you need recognize the synchronicities when they occur.
Once you begin to notice that frequent synchronicities are occurring in your life, then the remaining insights will soon be revealed to you, one after another. Synchronicities will launch you on a path of spiritual awakening.
Religion and science have been around for a long time. But now they are being replaced by spirituality. At the same time, humanity’s preoccupation with material and economic concerns is being replaced by a desire to discover life’s real purpose.
This second insight puts the other eight insights in larger historical context. It says the celestine prophecies are not just plausible, they are inevitable.
Everything is made of energy. We are energy. The universe is energy. This energy surrounds us and penetrates us. Our physical survival depends on a continued flow of this energy into us.
We already know this. But here’s what’s new:
Until now, this energy has been invisible to us. The third insight says we will be able to see it. Our ability to see it starts with an increased awareness of beauty, especially in nature.
Not only will we be able to see the energy, but we will come to understand how it responds to our thoughts. This energy is actually malleable to our intentions and expectations.
The fourth insight reveals that we humans have always competed with each other for energy.
In fact, this competition for energy underlies most human interactions: we seek to draw the energy we need from other people. We try to dominate, control, or manipulate them to get the energy we need. Most of the time, we do this unconsciously.
We always thought the only way to get the energy we need is by taking it from others. This competition for energy explains why we come away from every interaction with other people feeling strong or feeling weak. It is the cause of drama in relationships and — indeed — the cause of conflict in the world.
When we are able to observe the energy surrounding us, we will finally see how we gain or lose energy in every interaction.
This insight tells us that we will learn how to tap into the unlimited supply of universal energy. We can absorb all of the energy that we need directly from the universe. We will no longer need to take it from other people.
You can tap into universal energy by appreciating things around you, like a flower, for instance. When you do this, you receive energy from the flower and you can return energy to it.
You feel euphoric when you connect to universal energy. You feel connected to everyone and everything. However, negative emotions, especially fear, can cut off the flow of universal energy into you.
The sixth insight helps us begin to discover our life purpose — the reason we came to Earth.
But, to fully discover our life purpose, we need to let go of our old patterns of behavior. We have to stop taking energy from others. We have to become aware of our “control dramas” that we learned when young and have used throughout life to get energy flowing in our direction.
The sixth insight shows how you’ve actually been working on your life purpose all along, without knowing it but bringing you to where you are right now. Every event in your life, every experience, every relationship has been leading you to where you are right now. You are here because this is where you need to be to continue your spiritual evolution.
Do you sometimes find yourself just knowing things and wondering where those thoughts or ideas came from?
This is called intuition, and it’s what the seventh insight is all about. The seventh insight tells us we will get the answers we need through intuition.
But, in order to get the answers, you first need to know the questions. When you know the questions to ask, you will get the answers you need. You will get the guidance you need. You will know how to proceed. Most of the time, the answers come to us through other people.
The eighth insight gives us a new way of relating to other people — a way in which we will seek to uplift others.
To begin with, the eighth insight reminds us that everyone who crosses our path has a message for us. If we just listen, we will receive the message.
How we respond to other people will determine whether or not we receive the message they have for us. That’s why we sometimes run into the same people over and over unexpectedly — we haven’t yet received the message they have for us.
In order to better receive the message, the eighth insight says we should try to uplift everyone who crosses our path. We uplift others by giving them energy.
The ninth insight explains where we humans are going in our collective spiritual evolution. It also describes how human society will change as a result of this spiritual evolution.
This insight says that, as our level of spiritual vibration continues to rise, we will become invisible to those of a lower vibration. We will dwell in spiritual bodies rather than physical bodies. We will become beings of light.
Here are some of the changes that will occur in human society as we evolve spiritually:
- The population explosion will end voluntarily.
- Technology will do most of our work for us. Production will be fully automated and all products will be readily available to everyone.
- Harmony will prevail and conflict will end because of our new way of interrelating with each other.
- We will no longer be materialistic. Instead, we will pursue our life purpose.
- We will appreciate the natural beauty of the world and not continue to destroy it through greed and pollution.
This is how we will achieve Heaven on earth.
- We are discovering again that we live in a deeply mysterious world, full of sudden coincidences and synchronistic encounters that seem destined.
- As more of us awaken to this mystery, we will create a completely new worldview – redefining the universe as energetic and sacred.
- We will discover that everything around us, all matter, consists of and stems from a divine energy that we are beginning to see and understand.
- From this perspective, we can see that humans have always felt insecure and disconnected from this sacred source, and have tried to take energy by dominating each other. This struggle is responsible for all human conflict.
- The only solution is to cultivate a personal reconnection with the divine, a mystical transformation that fills us with unlimited energy and love, extends our perception of beauty, and lifts us into a Higher-Self Awareness.
- In this awareness, we can release our own pattern of controlling, and discover a specific truth, a mission, we are here to share that helps evolve humanity toward this new level of reality.
- In pursuit of this mission, we can discover an inner intuition that shows us where to go and what to do, and if we make only positive interpretations, brings a flow of coincidences that opens the doors for our mission to unfold.
- When enough of us enter this evolutionary flow, always giving energy to the higher-self of everyone we meet, we will build a new culture where our bodies evolve to ever higher levels of energy and perception.
- In this way, we participate in the long journey of evolution from the Big Bang to life’s ultimate goal: to energize our bodies, generation by generation, until we walk into a heaven we can finally see.
Feeling restless? You’re not alone: Everybody’s starting to look for more meaning in life. Start paying closer attention to those seemingly “Chance Coincidences” – strange occurrences that feel like they were meant to happen. They are actually synchronistic events, and following them will start you on your path to spiritual truth.
Observe our culture within its proper historical context. The first half of the past millennium was spent under the thumb of the church; in the second half we became preoccupied with material comfort. Now, at the end of the twentieth century, we’ve exhausted that preoccupation. We’re ready to discover life’s ultimate purpose.
Start to get acquainted with the subtle energy that infuses all things. With practice, you can learn to see the aura around any living being and to project your own energy around it to give it strength.
An unconscious competition for energy underlies all conflicts. By dominating or manipulating others, we get the extra energy we think we need. Sure, it feels good – but both parties are damaged in the conflict.
The key to overcoming conflict in the world is the mystical experience, which is available to everyone. To nurture the mystical and build your energy, allow yourself to be filled with a sense of love.
Childhood traumas block our ability to fully experience the mystical. All humans, because of their upbringing, tend toward one of four control dramas:
Intimidators steal energy from others by threat.
Interrogators steal it by judging and questioning.
Aloof people attract attention (and energy) to themselves by playing coy.
Poor me’s make us feel guilty and responsible for them.
Become aware of the family dynamics that created your control drama and you can focus on your essential question, which is how to make of your life a higher- level synthesis of your parents’ lives.
Once cleared of traumas, you can build energy through contemplation and meditation, focus on you basic life question, and start riding a steady stream of intuitions, dreams, and synchronistic coincidences, all guiding you in the direction of your own evolution and transformation.
That evolution can’t be done alone, so begin to practice the new “Interpersonal Ethic” by uplifting those who cross your path. Talk to people who make spontaneous eye contact with you. Avoid co-dependent relationships. Be there for people. Call attention to other people’s control dramas. In groups, speak when the spirit (instead of the ego) moves you.
Our purpose here is to evolve beyond this plane. Fewer people (a result of reproductive abstinence) and more old-growth forests will help us to sustain our energy and accelerate our evolution. Technology will do most of our work for us. As we begin to value spiritual insight more and more, we will pay those who bring it to us, and this will eventually replace the market economy and our need for paid employment. We can connect to God’s energy in such a way that we will eventually become beings of light, and walk straight into heaven.
1. A critical Mass: A new spiritual awakening is occurring in human culture, an awakening brought about by a critical mass of individuals who experience their lives as a journey in which we are all led forward by mysterious coincidences.
Questions to consider: Am I aware of the coincidences that happen in my life? Are any of these, or several of these, interesting enough to develop a paper about?
2- The longer now: This awakening represents the creation of a new, more complete world view, which replaces a five-hundred-year-old preoccupation with secular survival and comfort. While this technological preoccupation was an important step, our awakening to life coincidences is opening us up to the real purpose of human life on this planet and the real nature of our universe.
Questions to consider: Do you have one or several preoccupations that have effected your life (addiction, resistance to authority, emotional dramas, fear, conformity, family entanglements, etc.) Consider writing a paper which describes these preoccupations and how you want to get past them. Describe where you want to be in six months, in a year, the people you admire, and the things you want your life to include.
3 – A matter of energy: We now experience that we live not in a material universe but in a universe of dynamic energy. Everything is a field of energy that we can sense and intuit. Moreover, we humans can project our energy by focusing our attention in the desired direction, influencing other energy systems and increasing the pace of coincidences in our lives.
Questions to consider: Have you ever given or received energy from nature, other people, playing sports, being a member of a community or activity? Have you ever seen an energy field? Or, have you ever felt the energy between your hands or someone else’s hands and yours?
4- The struggle for power: Too often humans cut themselves off form the greater source of this energy and so feel weak and insecure. To gain energy we tend to manipulate or force others to give us attention and thus energy. When we successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful, but they are left weakened and often fight back. Competition for scarce human energy is the cause of all conflict between people.
Questions to consider: Have you ever stolen someone’s energy? Have you ever had your energy stolen? What has the book taught you about this?
5- The message of the Mystics: Insecurity and violence end when we experience an inner connection with divine energy, a connection described by the mystics of all traditions. A sense of lightness—buoyancy—and the constant sensation of love are measures of this connection. If these measures are present, the connection is real. If not, it is only pretended.
Questions to consider: “On the highest peak of the mountain, he suddenly feels at one with everything—as if the world, the sun, and the sky were all part of his own body.”
Have you ever had an experience similar to this? This insight describes what is practiced by those who study Eastern philosophy via Zen meditation, hatha yoga, martial arts, acupuncture, and other healing disciplines. It is really about a breaking down the barrier of the mind/body separation.
6—Clearing the past: By understanding the more we stay connected, the more we are acutely aware of those times when we lose connection. In these times, we can see our own particular way of stealing energy from others. Once our manipulations are brought to personal awareness, our connection becomes more constant and then we can discover our own growth path in life, and our spiritual mission, the personal way we can contribute to the world.
Questions to consider: How does your control drama hold you back from achieving the goals you have set for yourself? What does your control drama say about you?
7—Engaging the flow: Knowing our personal mission further enhances the flow of mysterious coincidences as we are guided toward our destinies. First we have a question, then dreams, day dreams, and intuitions lead us toward the answers, which usually are synchronistically provided by the wisdom of another human being.
Questions to consider: After examining your dreams, what are they telling you? Consider writing a paper which analyzes one or more of your dreams. Use the WWW to collect information about dream analysis—and see me for more details.
8—The interpersonal ethic: We can increase the frequency of guiding coincidences by uplifting every person that comes into our lives. Care must be taken not to lose our inner connection in romantic relationships. Uplifting each other is especially effective in groups where each member can feel the energy of all the others. With children it is extremely important to their early security and growth.
Questions to consider: How are romantic relationships interfering with your growth? Have you ever successfully developed a platonic relationship? What is your relationship like with small children?
9—The emerging culture: As we all evolve towards the best completion of our spiritual missions, the technological means of survival will be fully automated as humans focus instead on synchronistic growth. Such growth will move humans into ever-higher energy states, ultimately transforming our bodies into spiritual form and uniting this dimension of existence with the afterlife dimension, ending the cycle of birth and death.
Questions to consider: What can you do to increase the quality of living in the next millenium?
The 9 insights of the wealthy soul
The secrect for overcoming our greatest challenges and receiving the highest wealth of the soul. They are the actual stages of transformation…..
“Dream into reality, failure into truimph, grief into grace, a relationship breakdown into a bridge of love & highest understanding”
An amazing universal accomplishment
- The summary of the 9 insights are as follows:
- Insight: A tree begin with a seed. It is where you begin your transformation
- Timing: The ability to recognize often brief moments of maximum opportunity will determine how much success and balance you achieve.
- Patience: Human are always impatience. Develop patience gives you the ability to wait for right moment in your life cycle to accomplish a particular task or goal. Excellent timing gives success
- Surrender: Let go need to control things. Let go past mistake and history that prevent you from moving forward. Spiritually surrender to “the process”. One will never be content without spiritually surrender, never have patience and excellent timing. One will never enjoy the joy and flow of having the greatest business and life partner they one could possibly have
- Grounding: A tree will survive in a strom with strong roots. When one is grounded, one’s gratest effort will withstand the many storms and challenges that comes. The challenges will be regarded as temporary storms that ultimately make you stronger and more highly energized.
- Balance: Life is a balancing act. The tree is tough, without regular water, sunshine and nourishment, it is not healty. When one is balance, the universe rises up to become your partner rather than it being you against the world.
- Growth: Self empowerment from the first six insights.
- Evolution: Blossoms when growth takes you to the highest stage of life, unfloding a powerful vision of life one never foresaw.
- Transformation: It occurs when one become something very different than that which one started of as. The initial seeds of Insight become a tree of knowledge & accomplishment. The person is said to be ready for something greater than achieving for own personal gain. He or she become a student, become the teacher, the mentor, the leader. He or she is the vessel of seeds to birth a new generation. He or she have followed the highest path that ultimately leads to helping others follow theirs…. All along Transforming into a balance, wealthy and fulfilled human being.