Sthiti: Prone Posture
- Bend the knees and hold the ankles by the palms.
- As you inhale, raise the head and the chest upwards. Pull the legs outwards and backwards so that the spine is arched back like a bow.
- Stabilize (rest) on the abdomen.
- Do not bend the elbows.
- Look up.
- Keep the toes together.
- Maintain for about half a minute with normal breathing
- Slowly come back to Sthiti while exhaling.
- Relax in Makaraasana
Initially the knees will spread out, but with practice they can be brought very near, almost touching each other.
- Useful for diabetes patients.
- Removes Gastro-intestinal disorders,
- Stimulates and helps in slimming the whole body.
- Gives good stimulation and flexibility to the back.
People with general debility should be cautious while performing the Aasana practice after expert consultations.