- Adopt Naasika Mudra with your right hand.
- Close the right nostril with the tip of the thumb.
- Inhale and exhale slowly through the left nostril (Chandra Naadi) only.
- Keep the right nostril closed all the time during the practice.
- One cycle of inhalation and exhalation forms one round.
- Practice nine rounds.
- Time taken for exhalation should be longer than inhalation.
- Anxiety patients may practice this Pranayama 27 rounds before breakfast, lunch, dinner and before sleep (4 times a day).
For Surya anuloma viloma and Chandra Anuloma Viloma Pranayama)
Thes Pranayama help in clearing of the nasal passages. With regular and long practice, flow of breath through each of the nostrils becomes smooth and slow.
It is very useful for nasal allergy and Deviated Nasal Spectrum (DNS). Surya anuloma viloma helps in reducing the obesity effectively and Chandra Anuloma Viloma help in increasing weight.
For specific significant improvement, the recommended schedule is to have twenty-seven rounds of this Prayanayama four times a day (before breakfast, lunch, dinner and breofer going to bed). Systematci practices have benefited large number of obese and under-weight persons to achieve normal weight.
Cleaning of Surya and Chandra naadis the firs step to bring the balance between the two Nadis, They aid in unfolding of the inner layers of consciousness.
- For Surya Anuloma Viloma Pranayama, people suffering from high blood pressure, any heart disease and underweight problem should avoid this practice.
- For Chandra Anuloma Viloma Pranayama, people suffering from obesity and any type of allergy should avoid it.