Sthiti: Supine Posture
- Take the hands up and place the palms on either side of the head on the ground under the shoulders with fingers pointing towards the back.
- Bend the knees and fold the legs, and place the hels on the outer side of the buttocks.
- With palms and the soles of the feet as four points of support, raise the trunk off the ground with an inhalation arching the entire body convex upwards to look like a wheel.
- Maintain the position for about half a minute with normal breathing.
- As you exhale come back slowly step by step to supine Sthiti.
Come down with control by placing the back of the head to the ground, followed by the neck and the back. Do not collapse the buttocks first.
- Brings very good flexibility to the spine.
- Stimulates and activates all parts of the body strengthens the arms, shoulders and legs.
Only those who are free from any disease can perform this Aasana.