Sthiti: Prone Posture
- Bend the arms at the elbow and place the palms beside the lower chest at the level of the last rib exerting least pressure on the palms.
- Keep the elbow close to each other and let them not spread out.
- Inhale and come up.
- Arch the dorsal spine and neck backwards as far as you can.
- Keep the body below the navel in touch with the ground.
- Maintain the final position with normal breathing for one minute with less pressure on the palms.
- While exhaling come back to Sthiti position.
- Relax in Makaraasana
- Brings flexibility to the dorsal spine.
- Strengthens the spinal muscles.
- Reduces the abdominal fat.
- Useful in management of bronchial problems and back problems.
Those who have undergone the abdominal surgery may avoid this Aasana for 2 months. Proceed cautiously in cervical spondylosis.